TNA started it's friendly war with NJPW today but not in the exact way that was planned... Senshi, Daniels and Rhino all made their flight to Japan and appeared at todays event... Ron Killings however didn't and Tiger Mask won by forfeit.
Instead Akebono relived his comedy Tiger Bono gimmick and took on Ishii and Honma with TM instead, the two winning when Bono squished Honma.
Also on the show Senshi won the match for him and Daniels by dropping a Ghetto Stomp on Minoru for a big win and Rhino ran through Yano with the Gore.
Nakamura returned after his dislocated shoulder and put down Nakanishi with a flying crossarmbreaker and also in the main event Goto collided with two time champion Tanahashi in Tana's first defense, the two going for over half an hour before the champion made his challenger tap out to a Texas Cloverleaf...
The show, despite a bad attendance, was called one of New Japan's best in many years, with almost every match very high quality.
Full results are...
NJPW "DESTRUCTION '07", 11/11/07 (WPW/PPV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
1. Wataru Inoue Return Match: Koji Kanemoto & Wataru Inoue beat Ryusuke Taguchi & Yujiro (6:40) when Inoue used a modified Triangle Lancer on Taguchi.
2. Togi Makabe beat Milano Collection AT (9:39) with a top rope King Kong kneedrop.
3a. New Japan vs. TNA: Tiger Mask beat Ron Killings TNA Wrestling by forfeit.
3b. Bono Tiger & Tiger Mask beat Tomohiro Ishii & Tomoaki Honma (6:20) when Bono used a 300 press on Honma.
4. New Japan Jr. vs. TNA X Division ~J or X~: Christopher Daniels TNA Wrestling & Senshi TNA Wrestling beat Minoru & Prince Devitt (17:23) when Senshi used the Ghetto Stomp on Minoru.
5. GBH vs. TNA ~ SPEAR or GORE: Rhino TNA Wrestling beat Toru Yano (9:18) with the Gore.
6. New Japan vs. Legend: Riki Choshu, Masahiro Chono, Super Strong Machine, Jushin Thunder Liger & AKIRA beat Takashi Iizuka, Takashi Uwano, Mitsuhide Hirasawa, Tetsuya Naito & Taichi Ishikari (8:21) when Machine used a Devil Windmill suplex hold on Uwano.
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Dick Togo & TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo (c) beat Jado & Gedo (20:16) when Togo used a diving senton on Jado (2nd defense).
8. Shinsuke Nakamura Return Match: Shinsuke Nakamura & Giant Bernard beat Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi (16:45) when Nakamura used a flying cross armbreaker on Nakanishi.
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) beat Hirooki Goto (31:32) with a Texas Cloverleaf hold (1st defense).
NOAH and AJPW
It has been all quiet in NOAH and AJPW this past few weeks as the two companies gear up for their next tours. AJPW do not tour now till December with the Real World Tag League and NOAH start their new tour on the 15th.
Masato Tanaka defeated Ikuto Hidaka in the first defense of his AWA World Title with the Sliding D yesterday in Zero One MAX
Another big title match was in M-Pro where Yoshitune took on Tohoku Jr. Heavyweight GIANA and won after using the same move that sank Liger in the Fukeman (Masked Man) League recently to become the new champion. The move he used was the Koromogawa which is a Twisting Victory Roll Cradle.
On that show Akebono appeared as well and in a 'Dream Match' crushed The Great Sasuke with another Body Press.
In Dragon Gate Takagi retained his number one contender status for the Open The Dream Gate title by defeating GAMMA... but recently Muscle Outlaw'z have enlisted the services of Kanda who turned his back on his nicer ways since rejoining the roster to go back to his original heelish routes and also on their roster now is Kenzo Suzuki, the former WWE, NJPW, World Japan and CMLL wrestler who is most famous in the US for his horrid attempts at trying to get American's to like him and also his so-so series with John Cena back when Cena was a US title wearing Smackdown mid card attraction.
Aside for this it's been a bit of a quiet period in Japan with the Independents touring but no real big matches happening aside from these... this should change as we reach the end of November and the start of the festive countdown in December...