AJPW ran the final show of it shorts ‘Crossover’ tour today with three huge title matchups….
The NJPW trueborn team of Nagata and KaShin reunited to face another NJPW trueborn in Kojima and his partner Kaz Hayashi (formaly of WCW) for the AJPW World Tag Titles…. Nagata ended it when he spiked Kojima with a Backdrop hold for him and KaShin to become the 50th champs….
Another NJPW contracted team also went for tag gold as Sasaki and Nakajima took on Tenryu and Fuchi for the All Asian titles…. The team were unsuccessful as Fuchi trapped Nakajima in a inside cradle and scored the three count.
And at the top of the card former WWE wrestler Jamal fought Kawada for the Triple Crown which ended with Kawada battering Jamal and forcing a referee stop for a successful 5th defense of his title
The full results are as follows….
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium
1. Ryuji Hijikata beat Taichi Ishikari (7:51) with a Fisherman buster.
2. Nobukazu Hirai & Gran Hamada beat Kaz NOSAWA & Kaz MAZADA (10:40) when MAZADA was DQ’d.
3. TAKA Michinoku , D-Lo Brown & Buchanan beat Nobutaka Araya, AKIRA & Tomoaki Honma (13:53) when Brown used the Lo Down on Honma.
4. All Asia Tag Team Title: Genichiro Tenryu & Masanobu Fuchi (c) beat Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima (14:04) when Fuchi used an inside cradle on Nakajima (1st defense).
5. Taiyo Kea beat Arashi (14:14) with a Tiger Driver ’91.
6. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Yuji Nagata & Kendo Kashin beat Satoshi Kojima & Kaz Hayashi (c) (24:17) when Nagata used a backdrop hold on Kojima to become the 50th champions.
7. Triple Crown: Toshiaki Kawada (c) beat Jamal (18:01) by referee stop (5th defense).