WILL ORTON BE UNFORGIVEN THIS SUNDAY?
Could Randy Orton’s reign as World Heavyweight Champion be a short one or could perhaps Triple H be left in the cold dreaming of reclaiming the title he believes is his own? Who’ll be crowned the new IC Champion and will Shawn Michaels get a rare victory on a PPV? Time to preview Unforgiven.
World Heavyweight Title
Randy Orton v Triple H
Perhaps we should just have the Hell in a Cell match now and get the whole thing done with? That looks like being the inevitable conclusion to this feud and don’t be surprised if Wrestlemania 21 is the venue for that feud decider.
I was surprised when Triple H turned on Orton just a day after he’d won the title. I thought we might see a situation similar to that of Edge and Christian with Triple H supporting Orton while seething with jealousy till finally cracking and attacking the champ. But no, it lasted just a day before Triple H and the remaining two members of Evolution turned on the new champ in dramatic style on Raw. I don’t believe that Orton will lose the title on Sunday, too much work has been done to put him as the youngest ever champion for it to last just one PPV. I wouldn’t be surprised if Benoit or Regal interfered in this match, coz you can bet your bottom dollar that Flair and Batista will. Could the Raw main event at Survivor Series be: Orton/Benoit/Regal/Rhyno/Tajiri v Evolution/La Resistance? Or will Eugene make a miraculous recovery?
Christian v Jericho
Two former champs battle to regain the title. With Edge injured WWE are lucky they have this ready made feud in place. They worked well together earlier in the year and can do so again. Who’s going to win? I think it’s time for Jericho to wear a belt again in WWE and then feud with Christian and of course the returning Edge. Will Trish and Tyson play a part in this match, or perhaps even Edge himself? It should be a good match that’s for sure.
World Tag Team Titles
La Resistance v Rhyno/Tajiri
The tag division continues to struggle and is it right there will be more interest in the Evolution tag match than the title bout? This feud has been ok and you’ve got the inclusion of ‘How shall I be humiliated this week’ Coach. La Resistance have improved of late and I have a feeling they’ll keep the titles tonight against Rhyno (just how did he turn face?) and Tajiri. Bet this is on first!
Trish v Victoria
The build-up for this hasn’t been spectacular. Just why did Nidia get the match on Raw? Most attention will be on the mysterious ‘woman’ stalking Victoria’s matches and I expect ‘her’ to cost Victoria this match. Could be a decent short match as both can perform in the ring.
Kane v Shawn Michaels
Ah time for another dose of wedded bliss. The crazy storyline continues and with Matt Hardy out of the picture could go on for ages. Just why is Lita being kept out of the ring when all she seems to do is feud with Trish? Will Trish do something to make Lita lose the baby? Knowing the way pregnancy stories go in wrestling, the answer is probably yes. The return of Michaels is welcomed though I’d prefer to see him on Smackdown, he’s running out of feuds on RAW and please keep him away from Triple H. Lita set up this match and I think she’ll cost him the match.
Benoit/Regal v Flair/Batista
This should be a decent tag match but will these teams remain together and try to resurrect the tag division? Probably not. Benoit is out of the title picture now and Regal has never been considered for it. Count the chops time I suppose for Benoit and Flair. I go for Benoit and Regal to get the pin.
Well that’s all for this week. Time for another reminder about my new wrestling magazine…
For the past few months I’ve been working on my new wrestling magazine ‘Piledriver’ and finally it’s finished and been printed. It’s 52 pages A5 b&w (60 pages from edition two)and full of content as you’ll see below. If you want to read some great interviews, get news from all over the world and read some great columns, including Double A and Linda Robin from this site, then Piledriver is just for you.
To get your copy, it’s £2.50 (£3 overseas), Cheques made payable to “Solent Rainbow” and sent to Piledriver 29 Graham Road, Southampton SO14 0AX. But here’s a much better deal. Subscribe to the magazine for 12 editions and it costs just £15 (£18 overseas). Even better, every week you’ll receive an emailed newsletter with the latest news.
Here’s the contents for issue one:
- Tribute to Flash Barker by ‘Rowdy’ Ricky Knight and Premier Promotions
- Tribute to Pat Roach by Eddie Hamill aka The Amazing Kung Fu
- The Video Vault looks at WAW Fightmare and Starrcade ’89
- Shelflife reviews ‘The Wrestling’, ‘The Encyclopedia of Professional Wrestling’ and ‘WWE Unscripted.’
- Adam Sibley looks at the State of British Wrestling
- Double A writes about the fall-out from Summerslam including a review of that PPV.
The history of WAW is written by Julian Radbourne
- This months Indie Interview by Pete Staniforth is Lowlife Louis Ramos
- There’s five and half pages of News from the Indies, WWE and the UK including the RBW Heavyweight Title Tournament, FWA Academy news and Jushin Liger and Mick Foley in ROH.
- There’s a preview of Hotwired and an exclusive three page interview with Steve Corino
- The Cynic writes about JBL and Linda Robin tells us about TNA Impact.
- The next six pages are awesome! There’s my interview with Mick Foley about his book ‘Tietam Brown’ and a chance to win a signed copy of the hardback.
- Then it’s THE ROCK talking about ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ and ‘Walking Tall.’
- Mitchell Gadd counts down the Worst 5 World Champs of all-time
- On the Forum looks at ‘Tracing Nagasaki’
- More interviews, this time with Scar and Chaos from ‘The Backyard’ DVD
- Kriss Sprules is our most controversial writer discussing the FWA’s contract with TWC.
- ‘The Legend Lives On’ recalls the career of Kendo Nagasaki in a three and a half page section that includes an article by Eddie Hamill (Kung Fu) recalling his fight with Nagasaki at The Royal Albert Hall.
- Scott Denning opens the Feud File and then it’s Webworld looking at some of the top sites around.
- This action packed fanzine ends with The Final Cut written by Dean Saliba looking at the roster split in WWE.
Any questions just email me at: [email@example.com]