Hi guys, and welcome to UK Scene 203! It’s been a bit of a hectic week this week on the wrestling front for me, so forgive me for not expanding on too much this week.
However, I must say I am impressed with the response of all the show organisers to include some sort of history for the matches, I hope you agree that it makes a much more interesting read in the news section.
And I hear DA likes to be made to work!
FCW have announced that long serving Mistress of Ceremonies Emerald has decided to step down from her duties for personal reasons, I’m sure that everyone at FCW have shown their appreciation for her hard work and devotion over the time but it’s time for a new MC, FCW have asked that anyone who thinks they would be able to calmly announce wrestling bouts can contact FCW.
It is open to anyone.
If you think you have what it takes – email: [firstname.lastname@example.org] detailing any past experience you may have had.
FWA have announced a further match for New Frontiers on Sunday, February 5 when two members of the EntouRAGE – ‘The Specialist’ Mark Sloan and Ollie Burns, take on FWA ‘A’ Heavyweight Champion Dan Head and his partner Max Voltage.
Obviously this is an opportunity for the academy to show what it has.
A final card has been announced for BCW’s “Face Off” show which will be held on Saturday February 18th at the Kilmarnock Grand Hall in Scotland.
- Tex Benedict vs. Brad Fusion
- Lionheart vs. Adam Shame
- The Kartel (Terry Frazier & Sha Samuels) vs. T2K (Darkside and Wolfgang)
- Liam Thompson (c) vs. Jack Jester
- Face to Face Interview featuring Charles Boddington and Drew Galloway
- Drew Galloway vs. A Mystery opponent
- Conscience (c) vs. Justin Richards
Tickets are £6.50 and £20 for a Family ticket. Tickets can be purchased from the Kilmarnock Palace Theatre Grand Hall and they are available on the door on the night.
Celtic Wrestling have updated their card for “Whiplash” which will take Saturday February 11th Cathays Community Centre in Cardiff, Wales.
- Chris Petherwick vs. Cobra
- Double Jeopardy (Ricky Hype & Nick Berretta) vs. Edd Ferris & Ace Manfredo
- Tyler Browne vs. The Workman
- Caiman vs. Psycho Silvera
- Matt Vaughn (c) vs. Chris Recall
Tickets are £6 Adults, £5 Children or £20 Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) and are available at the door.
All Star’s new goldenboy Steve Sonic will be facing a return match against Drew McDonald on Staurday 25th January at the Victoria Hall, Hanley, Stoke on Trent, and it will be a traditional-style contest decided by two falls, submissions or a knockout. I think this will be Sonic’s true test as, to be fair, the last match was a bit of a gimmick match and Sonic will have to prove that he is enough for the power and experience of McDonald.
The man to feel sorry for is Robbie Brookside who, quite rightly, feels a bit left out due to no fault of his own. Perhaps this might mean a match up between Brookside and Sonic? Who knows?
Other matches for ASW’s show:
- UK Dream Team vs. Robbie Dynamyte & Mikie Whiplash.
WILD have announced 2 consecutive shows, the first being on Friday 17th February at Reid Hall, Forfar, the second being held on Sunday 19th at Albert Halls in Sterling.
Not a lot of information has been given about the shows except that it will contain:
The Rock & Roll Express, Spinner McKenzie, Frank ‘Chic’ Cullen, The Guv’nor Carl Conroy, Red Lightning, Justin Richards, The Natural Allan Grogan, Invincible, Shaun Harkin, Stu Pendous, Jamie Impact, and more!
Tickets: £8 Adults, £6 Concessions, £25 Family Of Four.
As predicted, relationships between 3CW and FWA:A have now completely broken down and there is open warfare announced between the two. It is definitely Fed v fed with ICE XVII actually helping out long time rival Stevie Lynn when James Tighe pulled a fast one to try gain the 3CW title.
Things are not going pretty and it is definitely a factionesque plot hitting the UK Scene, which is refreshing.
It’s all kicking off at Billingham Synthonia Social Club, Billigham, Cleveland.
The card so far…
- 3CW Champion Stevie Lynn and ICE XVII vs. James Tighe and a Major FWA Star!
- Kid Richie © vs. Pac
- Cutting EDGEucation © vs. The Vegas Connection
Tickets: £5 adult / £4 kids and OAPs / £15 family ticket (at least two children)
Ringside: £7 adult / £6 kids and OAPs/ £21 family ticket (at least two children)
VPW have announced a charity show on Sunday February 12th at the Sir John Colfox School Sports Hall in Bridport. This event will be in aid of the Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance.
This is an afternoon show. Tickets are £8 for adults and £6 for children. All profits raised will go to the charity.
NPWA: “Just Rewards” Results 20/01/06
- Bezz was Winner of the Royal Rumble.
- AC Cage def Sebb and Crux
- Enigma def Autopsy
- Brickwall def. D-Dogg
- Tag Team contender – Adonis def the untouchables.
- Six man Tag Team Match – Gary Wild, Paul Andrews & Adrian miles def. The Governing Body
C/W: “Crowning A King” Results 21/01/06
- Caiman def Workman
- Chris Recall def Ace Manfredo
- Edd Ferris def Dan Manfredo
- Matt Vaughn def Tyler Browne
- Caiman def Chris Recall
- Matt Vaughn def Edd Ferris
- Thunderbolt, Mike Bird & Double Jeopardy def The Cobra (formerly El Psycho), The Bassey Brothers & Shawn Roman
- Matt Vaughn def Caiman to become the first Celtic Wrestling Heavyweight Champion
3CW: “3 For All” Results 21/01/06
- Pac def Kid Richie
- EdEn def Max Voltage
- Aviv Maayaan def EdEn
- Darkside def Aviv Maayaan
- Pac def Darkside to win the Scramble and the #1 Contendership to the 3CW Young Lions Championship!
Sorry it’s been a brief one this week, as I said, I haven’t had much time this week with a lot happening, hopefully normal service will resume next week.