Welcome to the interactive UK Scene with me, your ever lovable Saz, we’ll take a look into what is happening this week in your area.
I’ve recently found that there is apparently another new promotion in town, which goes down with Triple X Wrestling as perhaps a name not to bring out among the moral (and stupid) majority.
Take a look at the bold promises made by 666 Wrestling that threatens to do in the South what 1PW did in the North (Yes, I will bite my tongue!).
FCW are preparing for their “Summer Solstice” at the Haden Hill Leisure Centre in Halesowen, West Midlands on Saturday July 22nd.
Announced card reads:
- Brandon Thomas & Kevin O’Neil vs. Carl Misery & Rob Hunter
- Saul Adams vs. Aviv Maayan
- FCW Title: The Bouncer (c) vs. Andy Simmonz
I actually learned to swim at Haden Hill…
LPW have announced their next show, to be called “Cascade“, held at the Minworth Social Club and Institute in Sutton Coldfieldcard on Friday 14th July.
- John Bull vs. Nero
- Scott Grimm (c) vs. C.K. Lite
- Team SCW vs. Chav-nation (Chris Stone, Remi & Violet)
- Pete Bod vs. Gangsta
- Andy Shoes vs. Chris Charizma vs. Hatred
- LPW Title: Ronin (c) vs. Carnage
KSW have announced two shows in July to make up for the missed show in June, the first being on Friday 21st July which is Out for Blood held at the new venue of Perry Common British Legion, 641 College Road, Kingstanding, B44 0AT.
This show features a strange turn of events, with Nick Mace asking Carl Mizzery to defend his belt on his behalf due to a recurring thumb injury, only in return for Mizzery getting a title shot at the next show “Summer Outbreak” which will be held on Saturday 29th July at the Unity Club, Newtown, Birmingham.
Out for Blood card reads:
- Cupid Valentino vs. Kid Flash
- Brandon Grave vs. Iron Ryan
- King Khan vs. Tyler Rayne
- Staxx vs. Carl Mizzery (By proxy to Nick Mace).
WAW have announced their 4th August show, to be held at Hunstanton Town Hall in Hunstanton, Norfolk.
- The Bulk vs. Sykes
- “Big” Dave Waters vs. Danny Blaze
- The Kraft vs. Isak
- Zak Zodiac vs. “Kick Boxer” Kevin Kelly
- Jason Cross vs. Jimmy Starr
- “The Dark Angel” Ashe & Nick Aldis vs. Ricky Knight & Sam Slam
VPW have announced their “Summer Superstar Tour“, which will take place on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th August featuring Kip James.
Also set to appear are The UK Kid, Phil Powers, Spiro, Jace The Ace, Seamus O’Shaunessy and many more.
– Wednesday August 2nd – The Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth
– Thursday August 3rd – The Pavilion, Exmouth
– Friday August 4th – The Pavilion Theatre, Weymouth
UK Scene Comments
Spiral Tap, pete england and Danny Styles feel that Nigel McGuiness should have been in the top 50. None of them voted for him though but insist on discussing his merits, do you agree? Or is there a reason why you left him out of your votes?
Devilish Angel once again is the bastion of conversation asking people what they think, this time “Where do you see UK wrestling in 5 years time?”
I just want to say thanks to all who have been contributing to the UK Scene recently, there have been some constructive discussions about many a topic. A lot of people have commented to me about the maturity of those who discuss UK Wrestling and I think everyone who has participated have gone out of their way to discuss the issues.
We do keep needing your ideas and support, so if you haven’t already, make sure you give our current poll a go!
That’s all from me this week