# British Wrestling Unites On November 18th – National Under 23 Championship Announced!
» After much discussion, it was today confirmed that the much-rumoured British National Under 23 championship event will indeed come to fruition, and after much discussion about potential venues that have the right look, capacity and accessibility for fans to travel too from around the country and locally, it has been decided upon by event organizers that the event will take place at the Drill Hall, in Ware, Hertfordshire, on November 18th.
We at IPW:UK had a planned event there that evening, which will now be replaced by this event, as IPW:UK presents British Wrestling United, for the Under 23 Championships.
Eight wrestlers, chosen or qualified from eight separate promotions around the country, will face off in a single-elimination one-night tournament, to ultimately crown the first National British Under 23 titleholder. The promotions that have already lent their full support to the project are:
– IPW:UK – International Pro Wrestling: United Kingdom: Based in Kent, featuring stars such as Ashley Reed, Paul Robinson, Martin Stone, Andy Boy Simmonz and many many more. Weekly show on The Wrestling Channel, Fridays at 11pm.
– 3CW – 3 Count Wrestling: Northern promotion 3CW produced several home-grown trainees such as the likes of Kid Richie and Chris Whitton, and helped unearth the amazing Pac.
– RQW – Real Quality Wrestling: Having run several shows, RQW debut on the Wrestling Channel this November. Top stars include champion Robbie Brookside, JP Monroe and Bubblegum.
– LDN Wrestling: Also on The Wrestling Channel, weekly show Fridays at 10pm, with top stars like Majik, Chris Wyld and Tex Benedict.
– 1-P-W – One Pro Wrestling: Not to be confused with IPW, based in Doncaster and the fourth and final promotion involved on the Wrestling Channel, with a weekly show Fridays at 9pm. Big crowds, big budget, and big fan support. Top British stars include ‘Pukka’ Darren Burridge and Spud.
– TXW – Triple X Wrestling: Big cards and adult action, but with some of the funniest minded wrestlers in the country. Always good value for money, big names include Conscience and Devilman.
– FWA:Academy: The home of Mark Sloan, the founder of the Frontier Wrestling Academy, and all of his students. Has produced the likes of WWE bound Nikita and already there, Paul Burchill. Has many new protégé’s coming through the ranks such as LT Summers and Jamie Brum, as well as the experienced pro’s like Aviv Maayan and James Tighe.
Of course, this is just the initial 7. We hope that many other promotions get in touch and offer to recognise the National British Under 23 Title in their parts of the United Kingdom. When the final list is confirmed, we will then select 8 initial entrants to fight it out for the title, which would then be defended on shows around the country for the foreseeable future.
» Some promotions however, have already run qualifying matches OR will be in the future. These are:
– IPW:UK, Sunday September 24th: Aviv Maayan  vs. Paul Robinson , winner advances as IPW:UK’s entrant.
– RQW: Bubblegum  (defeated 8 other men) qualified as RQW’s entrant.
– TXW: Stiro (defeated Zach Sabre Jnr.) qualified as TXW’s entrant.
Both Maayan OR Robinson, and Bubblegum, are confirmed for November 18th 2006’s event.
More information will be announced here, as and when it is available.
# Therefore the current entrants for the National Under 23 Championships are:
TXW: Stiro (participation TBC)
IPW:UK: Aviv Maayan OR Paul Robinson
Plus more promotions to be confirmed!
— IPW:UK presents The National Under 23 Championships, Saturday November 18th 2006 at The Drill Hall, Amwell End, Ware, Hertfordshire, England. Doors 6:00pm, show starts 6.30-7:00pm. Tickets £12 general admission (£6 children). Family ticket available for £30. Ringside £20 all ages. Birthdays and Group Bookings now catered for specifically. For more information about IPW:UK, click here: http://www.ipwuk.com/ or e-mail Daniel Edler: email@example.com