Welcome to the interactive UK Scene with your lovable compiler and commentator, Saz. We’re heading back into the season, with the after Christmas money withholding audiences beginning to show themselves again.
What we do care about in all aspects of the UK Scene is your opinion, especially the paying punter, so if you have a say you are more than welcome to express it, whether it is a popular opinion or not.
ICW have added to the card for their “Serious Assault” show, held on Sunday 11th February at the Maryhill Community Central Halls in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Red Lightning vs. Wolfgang
- Falls Count Anywhere Match: Fight Club vs. The Tenacious Gunns
- Jay Phoenix vs. Lionheart
- Scott Renwick vs. Liam Thompson
- ICW Title: Drew Galloway (c) vs. Allan Grogan
PTW have announced their premier show named ‘Defiance‘ held at Luton Rugby Football Club, Newlands Road, Luton, England, LU1 4BQ on Friday 2nd March 2007.
One match just announced so far:
- ‘Wonderkid’ Jonny Storm vs. Atom!
FCW have updated the details for “Back To The Future” held on Sunday 28th January at the Baggeridge Social Welfare Centre in Lower Gornal, West Midlands.
- Laken Xander vs. Weasel
- Kevin O’Neil vs. Carl Mizzery
- 3 Way Dance: Brandon Thomas vs. Rob Hunter vs. Celt Kennedy
- FCW Title: Saul Adams (c) vs. Doug Williams
They have also announced that US star Allison Danger will be appearing at their “Intimidation” show, held at the Baggeridge Social Welfare Centre in Lower Gornal, West Midlands on Sunday March 25th.
LPW have added to their cards for the following shows:
“New Years Wrestlution 2007” – January 26th – Minworth Social Club and Institute in Sutton Coldfield
- Lord Graham Thomas vs. That 70’s Andy Shoes
- Jay Icon & Bouncer vs. Wyld Stallyns
- Urban Warrior vs. Ashton
- 8 Man Tornado Tag- Hardcore Rules: Damned Nation & Mad Mike vs. Chav
“Homecoming” – January 27th – Aylestone Social Club in Leicester
- Rumble for Leicester Wrestling Cup
- Handicap Match – Non Title Match: LPW Champion Ronin vs. Malcom & Little
- Central Counties Title – Ladder Match: Mad Mike (c) vs. Chris Stone
“Clash Of The Champions” – January 28th – Leahall Sports and Social Club in Birmingham
- Wyld Stallyns vs. Malcom & Little D
- Corey Vandal vs. Matt Hunter
- 3 Way Street Fight: Scott Grimm vs. Chris Stone or Mad Mike (depending on
match night before) vs. Jekkel
- 4 Way Tornado Match: LPW Champion Ronin vs. Central Counties Champion Mad
Mike or Chris Stone vs. British
- Ironman Champion John Bull vs. Phoenix City Champion Gangster
TXW has announced their next show called “Chop Him In The Valentines“, held on Sunday 11th February at theTam O’Shanter Burns Club in Coventry.
- Crush Title: Quentin Hyde Styles vs. El Ligero
- Also set to appear are: Jetta, Skye, Jon Ryan and Dragon Aisu
If you are interested in becoming a professional wrestler, we are here for you on the Talk Wrestling Online Forums, with a comprehensive list of training schools throughout the UK and now with links to suppliers of wrestling gear too! See how good we are to you?
We started off the year with the sad note that 1PW has closed its doors once and for all, wrestling is a harsh mistress that never seems to want to be tamed. Seriously, it is getting harder and harder to put on a wrestling show, hall prices have gone up, ring prices have gone up, wrestlers who charge more than they’re worth… well we won’t get onto that little gem!
Don’t forget to interact with the UK Scene, I can still read your comments and questions and involve people in your thoughts through the UK Scene forum.