– According to Ron “The Truth” Killings, he wasn’t the person that attacked Pacman Jones at the “Hard Justice” Pay-Per-View. Now, The Truth and Pacman Jones have formed an alliance in TNA Wrestling – and Team Pacman will have a major opportunity at the upcoming “No Surrender” Pay-Per-View event on September 9 as they will challenge for the TNA World Tag Team Title (more details below).
– In a bout signed by TNA Management Director Jim Cornette, “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal defeated “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels to become the new number-one contender to the TNA X Division Championship.
– Also on the broadcast, Abyss defeated “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage in a “First Blood” match to retain his shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship at “No Surrender” against Kurt Angle. Samoa Joe interfered in the bout, costing Cage his shot at the gold.
– Earlier in the program during a backstage interview, Samoa Joe promised he wouldn’t stop until he became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion – and that meant a new, more focused and heartless “Samoan Submission Machine”.
– Also on the broadcast, Kurt Angle and wife Karen presented the first annual “Angle Awards” to celebrate the scheme they used to beat Samoa Joe at Hard Justice. However, the ceremony was interrupted by Jim Cornette, who informed Angle that he will defend all the TNA championships in one night at “No Surrender” – the World Title against Abyss, the X Title against “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal and the World Tag Team Title against Team Pacman! According to Cornette, Angle had better find himself a partner quick for the tag team title defense.
– In another bombshell, Cornette also announced that next Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, Kurt Angle will face The Steiner Brothers in a handicap match. If The Steiners beat Angle, they get 5 minutes alone in the ring with Karen Angle.
– Also during the “iMPACT!” broadcast, monster TNA newcomer Matt Morgan continued to watch Cornette’s back, as he got in the face of The Truth, Pacman Jones and even Kurt Angle when they tried to intimidate the TNA Management Director.