Welcome to the interactive UK Scene with your friendly neighbourhood Saz.
The UK scene weekly is dedicated to promoting all the UK wrestling promotions and we will hopefully be expanding into the new year with some new features, some of them you’ll see now, others over time.
If you have any suggestions don’t forget to email us here at the UK Scene!
What we do care about in all aspects of the UK Scene is your opinion, especially the paying punter, so if you have a say you are more than welcome to express it, whether it is a popular opinion or not.
Onto the list.
IPW – Christmas Cracker 2007
Sunday 16th December
The Orpington Halls in Orpington, Kent
Doors open at 5pm and bell time is 5.30pm.
Tickets are £20 Ringside, £12 General Admission (£6 Children) and £30 Family Ticket.
- Mike Quackenbush vs. Paul Robinson
- British National Championship: First Round Match: Doug Williams vs. Marty Scurll
- British National Championship: First Round Match: Martin Stone vs. Stixx (w/ Dean Ayass)
- IPW Championship: Andy Boy Simmonz (c) vs. Johnny Saint
- Plus Rocky Romero, Karl Anderson, The Kartel, The Untouchables, Nikko Brixton, Sam Slam, Zebra Kid, Jon Ryan and much more.
HEW – The Christmas Spectacular Show
Saturday December 22nd
The Takeley Silver Jubilee Hall in Takeley, Bishops Stortford.
Tickets are £10 Adults and £8 Children (just HEW) or for both shows (WAWW & HEW) £18 Adults and £14 children.
- Ricky Knight vs. Paul Tyrell
- Jonny Storm vs. The Zebra Kid
- Sykes vs. Bret “The Kraft” Meadows
AWE – Rise & Fall
Sunday December 9th
The Tipton Sports Academy in Tipton, West Midlands.
Tickets are £5 Adults and Children Under 13 £3.50.
Currently announced matches are:
- Dark Match Battle Royal: Featuring: Axel Adams, Geraden, Pure Xtacy, Andy Heaven, The Daring Enigma, Kid Lightning & more
- James Hunter, Tommy Gunn & Rob Long vs. David Daniels, Jason Fellows & Nick Knight
- The Coalminers vs. 2XL (Staxx & Carl Mizzery)
- Tipton Street Fight: Chris Hall vs. Jon the Yob
- Matt Clarke vs. Mark Clarke
- AWE Heavyweight Title: Shaun Langley (c) w/ Big Richard Action vs. Lee Hunter
KSW – Merry Mayhem
Saturday 1st December
Perry Common British Legion, College Road, Kingstanding
Doors open at 7pm and bell time in 8pm.
Tickets are £7 Adults, £5 Children and £20 Party of four.
- KSW Tag titles (special rules): Hunters vs Hot Chocolate (c)
- King of KSW 1st Round: Mark Clark vs Rigour Mortis
- King of KSW 1st Round: Carl Mizzery vs Cupid Valentino
- King of KSW 1st Round: Brandon Thomas vs Andy Heaven
- King of KSW 1st Round: Tyler Rayne vs Tommy Gunn
- KSW Midlands title: Kid Flash vs Staxx (c)
- KSW British Championship: TNT Stuart Neale vs Franco (c)
WAR – Hardcore Holiday
Saturday 8th December
Lawrence Sheriff School, Clifton Road, Rugby, CV213AG
Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 7.30.
Entrance is £6.00 for Adults, £4.00 for Under 15’s and a family of 2 Adults and 2 Children is £16.00.
- Wrapped weapons tag: Spindoctor & Danny Kai vs “Team Awesome” Jack London and Nero
- Midlands Tag Team Title: The Ocean Brothers (C) vs. Special Forces (Lance Corporal & Tank)
- Also featuring WAR favourites such as Fireman Stan, Falcon and WAR Champion The Executioner
Tickets for the event are on sale NOW and can be reserved by calling (01788) 561735 or by emailing [firstname.lastname@example.org]. For more information and a list of matches for the evening, check out waruk.co.uk.
All matches are deemed correct at time of submission, but are subject to change.
LWL 27th November Legend’s Members Club, Oxley Street, Wolverhampton. WV11QN
Marcus Kool vs Bouncer
With Kool left at some what of a loose end following the decision to postpone the fatal Four Way for the National Pride Title LWL Commissioner Matthew J Stark has organised an opponent for him; the man who ultimately cost him the LWL Heavyweight Title, The Bouncer. After winning a shot at Kool’s title Bouncer ran into the ring and brutalised the then champion, leaving him unable to defend his belt the following month and forcing him to vacate the title. Bouncer blames Kool for being ‘too weak to take a champion sized beating’ and loosing a shot at what he sees would have been HIS LWL Heavyweight Title, whereas this turn of events means Marcus Kool finally gets his chance to settle the score.
KSW 1st December Perry Common British Legion, 641 College Road, Kingstanding, B440AT
TNT Stuart Neale vs Franco
The popular Australian champion Franco has staved off his first title defence and now is on the steady trail of defending the KSW British Championship. Unfortunately, his opponent is the arrogant and oppressive Stuart Neale, the self styled “The Natural Technician”. Neale has enjoyed a flawless record since his entry into the KSW roster and is certain that he has what it takes to defeat the giant Aussie. However, the wonder from down under is no pushover and this match could hot up into a real slobber knocker!
AWE 9th December Tipton Sports Academy, Tipton, West Midlands
“Death Row” Shaun Langley (c) w/ Big Richard Action vs. Lee Hunter
Lee Hunter gets his shot at the AWE Title, December 9th. He earned his spot September 22nd when he defeated 15 other superstars in order to win the 15-1 Challenge Match. Langley, on the same show, successfully defended his Alpha Wrestling Evolution title (and also ended the AWE Career of Flash Williams) when small print in the contract stated that if Flash lost the title shot he would be removed from the Alpha Wrestling Evolution roster.
If you want to place a match focus then email [email@example.com] and we’ll add you.
If you are interested in becoming a professional wrestling, we are here for you on the Talk Wrestling Online Forums, with a comprehensive list of training schools throughout the UK and now with links to suppliers of wrestling gear too! See how good we are to you?
What does TV do for the UK Scene? Read my latest blog HERE.