Welcome back to the interactive UK Scene with your friendly neighbourhood Saz.
Another week on the scene and the shows are coming thick and fast.
What we do care about in all aspects of the UK Scene is your opinion, especially the paying punter, so if you have a say you are more than welcome to express it, whether it is a popular opinion or not.
> UK News
New Promotion in Hull
The Talk Wrestling online forums had the following posted:
New Generation Wrestling makes its official debut in Hull. Hosted at the Eastmount Recreation Centre, the nights event will feature an awesome mix of great wrestling talent from around the country, with opportunities for match ups never seen anywhere before!
As this promotion has started up in an area that (at least I haven’t heard) has a great deal of wrestling promotions, it should do well as long as they make the right decisions as to who they put on and it’s not a load of kids wrestling in jeans.
Yes, wrestling in jeans is wrong, even Stone Cold didn’t wrestle in jeans…
> Show dates
NGW – Debut Show
On Friday 16th May 2008
Eastmount Recreation Centre, Waveney Road, Hull, HU8 6PA, East Yorkshire.
Doors open- 6:30pm Show starts- 7pm
Tickets £5 Children, £7 Adult, £20 Family Ticket (2 Adults & 2 Children)
- Dave Moralez and Stixx to face off in the main event!
- “Super” Sam Bailey, Chris Egan and Dom Travis
- Also featuring: Dave Rayne, Mick Romeo, Lethal Dose, Killer Instinct, Chemical Brothers, Simon Valour, Adam James Bullivant, Geredan, Carnage, Brad Flash, Nathan Irwin, Darren Mason, Matt Myers, Scott Adams, Avian, Danny Verile & James Tyler.
Tickets can be reserved by called the NGW Ticket Line on: 07525922864 or by emailing: [email@example.com]
PTW – One Wild Night
Saturday 19th April 2008.
Marriots School, Telford Avenue, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 0AN.
Doors Open : 6.00pm Show Starts : 6.30pm
Tickets: Adults £8, Children/Students/OAP’s £5, Family of four £20
- PTW Heavyweight Title: Shabazz (c) w/PTW Owner Peter Staniforth VS Nero w/ ‘100 %’ Dan Edge
- PTW Cruiserweight Title: G ‘The Ghetto Superstar’ VS ‘The P*ssed Off Politician’ Richard Parliment
- Lucian VS Ricky ‘The Dreamboat’ Regis
- Paul McSherry VS ‘Exotic’ Leo Dekker VS Matt Naylor
- Wheeler & “The White Light” Kevin Carter VS Mean N’ Green (Anton Green & Maverick) w/Mr Tenacious
AWE – One Will Prevail 2008
Saturday 12th April
Tipton Sports Academy, Tipton, West Midlands
Doors Open: 5:30pm – Bell Time: 6:00pm
- Alpha Wrestling Evolution Heavyweight Title: Lee Hunter vs. A Member of Team Action TBD
- Matt Clarke vs. The Violent NTT vs. Tommy Gunn vs Brandon Thomas
- Mark Clarke vs Jason Fellows
- Also in action: “The Dark Angel” Carl Mizzery, “The Mighty” Staxx, Kid Lightning, “Rowdy” Rob Long, Axel Adams, Pure Xtacy, John the Yob and more.
Tickets are available from Tipton Sports Academy or by phoning 0121 502 5534 for Ticket reservations.
Friday 28th March
The Irish Club, 14-20 High Street Derit End, Digbeth, Birmingham, B12 0LN
Doors open 6.30pm, Pre-show starts 6.45pm, Main show starts 8pm.
- AWW Championship: Dave Morlez vs Carnage
- Spud vs Lee Hunter
- BB Steele vs Derice Coffie
- Dan Ryder vs Scott Dovey
- Danny Devine vs Keego WAard
- The Young Gunns vs Kris Navarro & Kristian Lees
KSW – Deadly Alliance 5
Saturday 19th April
Perry Common British Legion, 641 College Road, Kingstanding, B44 0AT
Tickets are £7 Adults, £5 Children, £20 party of four.
Doors open at 7pm, Show starts at 8.
All matches are deemed correct at time of submission, but are subject to change.
> Show Spotlights
Giving time for companies to advertise their shows in their own words.
PTW – Shabazz vs Nero
PTW Heavyweight Champion Shabazz is the epitome of a fighting champion, and has stated many times he will take on anyone and anywhere. PTW “One Wild Night” will see him take on the brash and cocky Nero, in what will sum up the name of the show; as the rules are simple for this one – “No Disqualification”. Shabazz will as ever, have PTW Owner Peter Staniforth in his corner; and Nero has decided to acquire the managerial services of Dan Edge; as Edge continues his plans for PTW dominance by not only bringing back his UWL Title, but attempting to take the PTW Heavyweight Title to his stable on the same night! Who’s got the odds in their favour in this one? It’s hard to guess. Dan Edge will do anything including cheating on his client’s behalf, and isn’t shy about his lack of wrestling morals…But Peter Staniforth isn’t exactly afraid to swing his steel “Clipboard of Doom” at anyone who gets in his way. This one could get lively….
If you are interested in becoming a professional wrestling, we are here for you on the Talk Wrestling Online Forums, with a comprehensive list of training schools throughout the UK and now with links to suppliers of wrestling gear too! See how good we are to you?
> And Finally…
If you have a show and want to advertise, make sure that you visit the TWO forums, use the show ad conventions, add a bit of back story and you could be a part of this editorial.