The inaugural edition of WWE Hell in a Cell will come to you, live on pay-per-view, this Sunday night from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Three Hell in a Cell Matches will be featured on the card and six championships will be on the line, plus a grudge match as well. Here is the final, detailed card for the event:
- WWE Championship: Hell in a Cell: John Cena (c) Vs. Randy Orton
- World Heavyweight Championship: Hell in a Cell: CM Punk (c) Vs. The Undertaker
- Tag Team Hell in a Cell: D-Generation X Vs. Legacy
- Unified Tag Team Championship: Big Show & Chris Jericho (c) Vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio
- Intercontinental Championship: John Morrison (c) Vs. Dolph Ziggler
- United States Championship: Triple Threat: Kofi Kingston (c) Vs. The Miz Vs. Jack Swagger
- Divas Championship: Mickie James (c) Vs. Alicia Fox
- R-Truth Vs. Drew McIntyre
Only the top three matches will be contested inside Hell in a Cell; the WWE Title Match, the World Heavyweight Title Match, & the D-Generation X Vs. Legacy Match. All the other matches will be standard matches.
The rules for the Hell in a Cell Match are fairly simple; both competitors will be locked inside the Hell in a Cell structure using a steel chain and padlock. This will force the competitors to stay in the vicinity of the ring (unlike a Steel Cage, the Hell in a Cell allows the competitors to go to the outside of the ring, but they are still limited to a smaller area that just about reaches the announce position). There are no disqualifications and no count-outs in this match, the only way to win is by pinfall or submission occuring in the ring.
In the case of the Tag Team Hell in a Cell Match between D-Generation X and Legacy, there will be no tags in and out like a standard tag team match. All four wrestlers will be legal in the match at the same time. There will be no disqualifications and no count-outs, with the only way to win is by a member of either team pinning any member of the opposing team or forcing that competitor to submit inside the ring. This will be the first 2-on-2 Hell in a Cell Match in WWE history and only the third multi-person Hell in a Cell in history.
The United States Championship will be defended in a Triple Threat Match as Kofi Kingston defends against both The Miz & Jack Swagger. The rules of a Triple Threat Match are that there no disqualifications and no count-outs. The match can only end by pinfall or submission inside the ring. Any competitor can defeat another competitor in the match and become champion; the champion does not have to be involved in the decision.