The 11th Best Of The Super Junior tournement ran its course to day with the knock out stages taking place as usual at the Tokyo Korakuen Hall…
In the opener Koji who came in for the injured Liger countered a La Magistral into a cradle of his own in a quick opener. Next came last years winner Kakihara versus the IWGP champion Heat which Heat won with his leg cradle, the Heat Clutch, this ended Kaki’s quest to become the first back to back winner and strengthed Heats claim to become the first champ to win the tourney as well….
This was until the semi where Tiger Mask ended his tag partner’s run with a backslide… Koji made the most of his good fortune as well as he trapped AmDragon in a ankle lock and made him tap… Koji and Tiger met in the final, a repeat of the match where Tiger ended Koji’s last run as champ… It went back and forth until Tiger, who had won more matches then anyone in the tourney put away Koji with a Tiger Suplex to become the 11th BOSJ winner!
The ful results are…
NJPW, 6/13/04 (SXW)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1. Best of the Super Jr. – Round 2: Koji Kanemoto beat Ultimo Dragon (5:30) with a la magistral cutback.
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Round 2: Heat beat Masahito Kakihara (12:52) with the HEAT clutch.
3. Makai #1, Mitsuya Nagai & Ryushi Yanagisawa beat Hiro Saito, Tatsutoshi Goto & Toru Yano (5:33) when Yano was DQ’d.
4. Shinsuke Nakamura & Ryusuke Taguchi beat Minoru Suzuki & Rocky Romero (14:02) when Taguchi used a German suplex hold on Romero.
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Koji Kanemoto beat American Dragon (13:34) with a heel & kneelock.
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Semi Final: Tiger Mask beat Heat (15:14) with a backslide.
7. Yuji Nagata, Yutaka Yoshie & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Masahiro Chono, Genichiro Tenryu & Manabu Nakanishi went to a no contest (11:15).
8. Kazunari Murakami & Katsuyori Shibata beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Osamu Nishimura (10:11) when Shibata pinned Nishimura.
9. Best of the Super Jr. – Final: Tiger Mask beat Koji Kanemoto (11:12) with a Tiger suplex hold.