All Japan ran the end show of its Summer Action Series today at the Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan with a few special guests and a host of titles on the line…
Mitsuharu Misawa returned to All Japan to face Kojima in a hard fought match which the NOAH legend and former 5x Triple Crown holder bagging the win with a Tiger Driver ’91… Katsushi Takemura of NJPW has been invading all series long and today got his shot at the premier junior title in All Japan held by former WCW cruiser Kaz Hayashi… After nearly 15mins of fast paced action Kaz took the duke with a top rope WA4 (Kryptonite Krunch)…
NJPW’s wizard of Muga, Osamu Nishimura, came to AJPW to fight Keji Muto in a special attraction match and the two traded holds for nearly 20 minutes until Muto struck Nishimura with his Shining Wizard… Then on top Kawada took on Takao Omori in the sixth defense of his Triple Crown… They went back and forth for 22 minutes until Kawada’s deadly kicks proved too much for Omori as a swift kick to the face knocked him out and Kawada made the pin for the successful defense….
The full results are as follows…
AJPW “BATTLE BANQUET”, 7/18/04 (GAORA TV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
1. Ryuji Hijikata beat Taichi Ishikari (8:00) with a Fisherman buster.
2. Shiro Koshinaka beat Nobukazu Hirai (9:18) with the Samurai Driver ’84.
3. TAKA Michinoku , Jamal & Buchanan beat Animal Warrior, Gran Hamada & Ricky Morton (11:15) when Buchanan used a scissors kick on Hamada.
4. Taiyo Kea beat Tomoaki Honma (12:30) with the Hawaiian Smasher.
5. Genichiro Tenryu & Masanobu Fuchi beat Arashi & Nobutaka Araya (7:10) when Tenryu used the 53-years-old on Araya.
6. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kaz Hayashi (c) beat Katsushi Takemura (14:54) with an avalanche-style WA4 (2nd defense).
7. Keiji Muto beat Osamu Nishimura (18:02) with the Shining Wizard.
8. Mitsuharu Misawa beat Satoshi Kojima (26:35) with the Tiger Driver ’91.
9. Triple Crown: Toshiaki Kawada (c) beat Takao Omori (22:36) with a face kick (6th defense).